Acute Solutions takes a proven 3D approach to your project: Discover, Develop, Deliver.
Acute Solutions understands the need to thoroughly understand a problem before solutions can be explored, developed, tested and delivered. The cross-functional nature and friendly, results-driven character of Acute Solutions demonstrates its potential to effectively support clients’ internal product development teams and turnkey product development partners.
Discover & Plan
Acute Solutions will quickly and thoroughly work to understand the challenges at hand. This includes:
- Core technology research and assessments
- Identification of key technology tradeoffs
- Intellectual property development
- Freedom to operate assessment
- System development plan
- Development of requirements and specifications
- Hazards analysis
- System architecture and tradeoffs
- Critical component selection
- Cost models and product road map
- Human factors and industrial design
- Development plan & schedule
Communication and agreement throughout a planning process are critical. These plans are action-based with clear deliverables.
With the plan in place, Acute Solutions will explore and iterate design solutions which meet the needs of the project. Experience in the following areas ensures that a comprehensive set of options has been explored.
- System engineering, analysis, and design
- Definition of modules and interfaces
- CAD design (SolidWorks)
- Precision mechanisms
- Thermal management
- Optical Systems
- Electromechanical systems
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for serviceability
- Integration of prototypes and debug
- Functional testing
Acute Solutions encourages concurrent engineering, frequent peer reviews, and comprehensive design reviews (Critical Design Reviews – CDRs).
Deliver & Test
Acute Solutions understands a deliverable is a well-documented, known entity. Clear specifications and thorough testing are essential.
Key outputs are:
- Fabrication drawings
- Vendor Specifications
- Bill of Materials
- Assembly drawings
- Work instructions
- Test Plan
- Test protocols
- Test reports
- Plan for transfer to manufacturing
Demonstration through testing. Acute Solutions thoroughly tests against requirements in order to comprehensively understand and document performance. These verification and validation activities are instrumental for the provision of solutions needed to meet clients’ technical and business needs.